Our 2020-21 season has now finished. We’ll be recommencing swimming for the 2021-22 season in late October.
(PLEASE TRY TO REGISTER BEFORE 9PM THE DAY BEFORE RACING)
Standard Order Of Events
- 200/400/800m freestyle*
- 25m other strokes U11 #
- 4x25m individual medley Adult
- 4x25m individual medley Child
- 25m other strokes 12+ #
- 50m other strokes open #
- 15m other strokes U7 #
- 15m bubble race U5
- 15m freestyle U7
- 100m other strokes open #
- 100m freestyle open
- 25m freestyle open (for ages 12+)
- 25m freestyle (for ages up to 11)
- 50m freestyle open
(*200/400/800m events will be swum on alternate Saturdays from 31st October, # either backstroke, breaststroke or butterfly.)
Season race program
The 2021-22 season program will be available here prior to commencement of the new season.
Any member may compete in the 15m or 25m events but unless under 8 years for 15m or 11 years for 25m must progress to next longer distance after twice breaking the following time limits: 15 secs for 15m free, 25 secs for 25m free, 20 secs for 15m other strokes, 28 secs for 25m other strokes.
- All financial ‘first claim’ members may compete in championships for which they are eligible, but will be excluded from holding the title, or receiving the trophy if they fail to compete in races on four separate club swimming days during the season, other than championship days.
- A swimmer’s age on the 1st Jan 2021 will determine the appropriate age group for the 2020/2021 season, and proof must be made available on request. For further rules refer to the rule sheet.
Special Trophy Races
Entrants must have swum on two separate Saturdays in other than time trials, within 6 weeks before the race, apart from the MRS R. DOUGLAS TROPHY in November (when only one swim other than a time trial is necessary). For further rules refer to the rule sheet. Children must try their best at all times – any instances of handicap manipulation will result in disqualification or adjustment of time by race officials. Such rule violations will also forfeit the swimmer’s eligibility to receive any sportsmanship awards.
Tidal Pools Carnival
This annual inter-club competition is hosted alternately by our club and the Northbridge Amateur Swimming Club, usually in late February/early March. This season the event will be hosted by The Spit at The Balmoral Baths on February 28.